- Invite your child to prepare for making the cereal bars by gathering and measuring all the ingredients. Along with getting the ingredients ready she’s learning more about measurement! She can put the honey, sugar, and peanut butter in the saucepan, and warm over low heat.
- Once the mixture has melted together, she can stir the ingredients until there are no lumps. While she’s stirring, invite your child to preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Now she can put the cereal, raisins, and oats in a mixing bowl and carefully pour the warm mixture over the dry ingredients. Work carefully—the mixture is hot! Encourage your child to mix things together, making sure all the ingredients are nicely coated.
- Invite your child to carefully press everything into the bottom of the pan and create an even layer.
- Now, pop the cereal bars into the 425-degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until the top is toasty brown.
Once the bars have cooled, help your child cut the cereal bars into small squares to enjoy as a quick breakfast or after school treat!